Are you one of those who are crazy about off-road driving? Well, you just felt the necessity of the most important accessory for your Jeep. Winches are the essential components, especially for off-road driving.
However, tons of Jeep winches are available in the market with diversified construction, pulling power, cable type, price, and other variables. All of these might seem a bit difficult to choose the right one for you.
If I am not wrong, this is the reason why you’re here. We must say, you have reached the most reliable destination that can give you the best winch for Jeep TJ. As we have listed some of the top-rated Jeep winches considering all buying aspects. Let’s move ahead to our top-rated list.
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Winch for Jeep TJ
WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Winch
- This winch is constructed with IP68 water resistance that helps to withstand any weather condition and makes it incredibly durable.
- No matter how many awry situations you’re gonna face, this winch has the ultimate powerful motor that can rescue you without much effort.
- It is equipped with a cast aluminum tie-plate for adding tremendous strength to tackle any hard obstacles.
- The planetary gear train and series-wound motor deliver maximum speed in critical situations without spending many amps.
- It delivers superior strength to pull up anything.
- You have multiple options to choose from, whether it’s steel rope or synthetic.
- There are many pulling sizes available in it by which you can pull up a lighter SUV or Jeep with ease.
- Compared to other winches, it requires higher maintenance costs.
- Users complained that the wireless function doesn’t work sometimes.
Well, if you’re familiar with Warn, you might not have any second thoughts. If you want massive power and durability packed in one winch, the WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Winch could be the best option so far. This model is the ultimate addition to the pro-level winch segment of Warn.
However, there are some impressive features of this winch that just amazed us. Apart from its durable construction and design, it has something exceptional. For instance, its multiple pulling sizes and versatility in using rope make it the most reliable option.
Due to its 10,000lbs weight pulling capacity, you can use it with plenty of vehicles such as giant jeeps, half-ton pickup trucks, and SUVs.
Smittybilt X2O Winch
- It comes with a wireless remote controller that makes it even more convenient to use no matter how critical the situation is.
- This model is equipped with a powerful Series Wound 6.6 HP motor that’s completely sealed to ensure maximum protection.
- Although the motor is powerful, it is quiet and offers a more comfortable operation.
- An advanced Dynamic braking system is loaded in this winch for more protection of each component and to ensure smooth braking.
- The manufacturer offers an impressive 5-year warranty that keeps your investment sure for a longer period of time than most other winches in its range.
- There are multiple solenoid mounting options, which facilitate mounting in different situations according to your needs.
- It has IP68-rated water resistant level, meaning it is more capable of facing harsh weather.
- Mounting the solenoid seems quite difficult in particular situations.
- Slightly heavyweight compared to others.
Now it’s time to introduce a budget-friendly winch. Yeah, we’re talking about a winch from Smittybilt. This company has earned immense popularity for manufacturing high-performance winches with multiple variations. The same thing goes for the Smittybilt X2O Winch.
With a powerful Series Wound 6.6 HP motor, this winch has become one of the strongest winches. No matter how adverse the situation is, its amphibious motor is loaded with extreme power to get rid of any difficulties.
Due to the inclusion of a sliding ring gear clutch, you’re getting more reliable braking. There are multiple versions available in this model, you can choose any of them according to your vehicle. Depending on its model, it can pull up to 17,500 pounds. That’s quite higher than most competitors.
Superwinch 1595200 Tiger Shark Winch
- It comes with a fully concealed solenoid that protects each component of the winch in every weather condition and makes it extremely durable.
- There are two different motor versions available, while both of them are quite sturdy and powerful enough to tackle any difficult condition.
- The wireless remote controller offers more smooth controlling over pulling operations.
- The ergonomic free-spool controller enables more secure gripping.
- All fairleads and hardware of this winch are made of durable stainless steel that provides a robust finish.
- It is equipped with a 3-stage planetary gearbox so you can choose specific torque depending on the situation.
- The steel rope is 95 inches long that increases the working radius and enables more anchoring points.
- Some users found the installation slightly tricky.
- The seals may disrupt gradually if remaining in wet weather for a more extended period.
To us, a list without Superwinch’s product won’t be fair as this is one of the leading winch manufacturing brands in the world. Well, we have picked the Superwinch 1595200 Tiger Shark Winch as the best representative of this brand.
Yeah, you may find quite similarities in it like most other winches. Still, it has a more ergonomic design that keeps it out of the crowd. And most importantly, this is one of the best affordable winches available in the market.
Despite its affordable price, it delivers unbelievable power, performance, and reliability. Its wireless remote controller comes with a rubber-coated design that allows more comfortable and secure gripping. The loading capacity ranges from 9,500lbs to 11,500lbs, which means you have multiple pullings options.
Now it’s time to conclude our review. We have tried our best to make our listing unbiased. So that you can get the best winch for Jeep TJ. Hopefully, choosing any of those three products will give you ultimate convenience in the long run.
But, if you’re still hesitating to choose the right one, go for the WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Winch Review. We hope it won’t disappoint you. Happy driving.
Jeep TJ Winch FAQ’s
The jeep tj or wrangler (tj) is the second generation of jeep wrangler off-road and sport utility vehicles. The first model of jeep tj is introduced in 1996 and from that jeep tj is introducing a new edition one after one. The last model of jeep tj is the 2006 model year.
What is the average weight of jeep tj?
Well, the weight of jeep tj depends on its model. There are several models available and the average weight of a jeep tj is about 3500 lbs.
What capacity of winch do I need to pull my jeep tj?
You will need winch capacity according to your jeep tj’s weight. The capacity should be 1.5 times higher than your jeep’s GVWR. For instance, if your vehicle weight is 5000 lbs, then you need to pick a winch that has a minimum of 7500 lbs pulling capacity.
Long cable or shorter cable. Which one will be more convenient for pulling my jeep tj?
The short cable has a good reputation for providing maximum strength while pulling. It is recommended to use a shorter cable for pulling. However, you can keep extra cable with you in case of need.
Steel cable or synthetic rope for my jeep tj?
The average weight of a jeep tj is 3500 lbs and synthetic rope is good enough to deal with this weight. If you can provide proper maintenance, then the synthetic rope will be the best one to pick.
What year jeep tj is the best?
There are several best years for jeep tj such as 1980, 1990, 1996, 2003, 2010, 2011, 2015 and 2018.
Is tj really a good jeep?
Undoubtedly yes. The jeep tj is better in terms of build quality and reliability. There are still some bugs and shortcomings though.