Last Updated on June 27, 2022
Jeeps, although durable cars, are easily soiled. It’s recommended that they be washed and cleaned every week or ten days. The outer part, like the fender and door, can easily be washed with even water, but the inner part, like the seats and carpet, must be cleaned with soap.
Now I will show you how to clean a jeep seat easily in some steps:
Table of Contents
Types of Jeep Seat Covers
To begin, We need to know how many different types of Jeep seats can be made with a cover. Jeep seats are made with a variety of covers, including cloth, leather, neoprene, and tactical. All of these types of cover cleaning techniques are just as different as their type.
Best Way To Clean Different Types of Jeep Seat Cover
Initially vacuum clean the inside of the jeep to remove any dust, debris, and food particles. After that, make sure to thoroughly clean the seats of the jeep using a high-quality liquid cleaner.
1. Cleaning Cloth Seat Cover
Here are all the tools and products needed to clean your seats.
- Extractor vacuums for cloth seats.
- Microfiber towel.
- A brush set.
- Upholstery cleaner.
- First of all, carefully remove the jeep seat from the inside and place it in an open space outside.
- Remove all the surface dirt using a vacuum cleaner.
- Sometimes small dirt does not come out by vacuum, so it has to be rubbed out with a brush or toothbrush from the sewing place of the seat.
- Now spray upholstery cleaner and use a brush to rub. This cleaner deep into the seat for a better deeper clean.
- After finishing brushing, wipe the seat with a dry microfiber towel. Remember to wipe the foam well with a towel. If the foam stays on the seat, stains will appear on the seat after drying.
- Clean the seat using sufficient water with the extractor vacuum but it should not be too wet as it will not dry the seat easily. Now, clean all the dissolved dirt with the help of a vacuum.
- The sides of the seat and the bottom where the metal bracket is connected to the jeep. Now grab some interior detailer, spray it on the microfiber towel and clean off all the dirt and dust on the side of the seat.
Then grab a protectant spray into the brush and apply it on the entire plastic piece. clean it with a microfiber towel. It refreshes the original finish to the plastics.
- Finally, clean the metal brackets at the bottom. so vacuum it and add some soapy water and brush it. Wipe it clean with a microfiber towel.
Leave the seat outside to dry for a while after cleaning it. Because if it is wet from the inside, the seat will get stained.
Since you will be cleaning the cloth seat, you will have to be careful about what kind of liquid cleaner you will use to clean the seat. Moreover, this is very similar to cleaning the jeep carpet.
2. Cleaning Leather Seat Cover
- A vacuum preferably a shop vac.
- A brush set.
- Microfiber towel.
- Leather and vinyl cleaner.
- Leather and vinyl conditioner.
- First, clean the leather seats. Work begins by vacuuming the seat so that all loose dirt is removed.
- Many times using a vacuum does not remove all the dirt. So clean the sown area of the seat with a brush. If the pair remains dirty then add some leather and vinyl cleaner to the brush and remove the dirt by rubbing.
- Now take a towel and clean it. Re-vacuum repeatedly. Do not keep any kind of liquid or wet in the seat.
- Now take the skin and vinyl cleaner in a microfiber towel and wipe the flat surfaces of the skin with medium to heavy pressure to remove any dirt from those surfaces. If you notice, you can see that all the stains have come up on the towel.
- Make sure this seat looks really good but it will look a bit dull after so much work. So be aware that it is not as secure as it should be. So if it protects then the conditioner should be applied now.
- Extra is added to this step if you expect much better results. Use a steamer. First, steam the seat a lot and this allows the conditioner to soak deep into the seat.
- After steaming, dry the seat with a towel. The holes are now open when it is completely dry and the bottom of the seat is actually slightly warmer. Now take the conditioner with a brush and apply it perfectly. Can’t be used too much, just as much as needed to get full coverage.
- Now let that conditioner get wet there but don’t let it dry just take it for a while. Now clean with a fresh microfiber towel and finish the process. This is the process of cleaning the leather seat.
- Apply the same process to the back of the zip seat and make sure it is completely clean and conditioned.
- So it looks great if it is very important to follow these steps and use the right product.
Leather seats implicate elegance, but filthy leather seats should not. Consider cleaning your Jeep seats once a month, with a deep clean three to four times a year.
3. Cleaning Neoprene Seat Cover
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Water-filled bucket.
- Wetsuit shampoo.
- A sponge or a lint-free cloth.
- Towel or blow dryer
- Initially, use a vacuum cleaner to remove debris and dirt from the top of the jeep seat. Because if you don’t do this first, or if there’s dirt on the seat, you won’t be able to clean the rest of the surface. Remove dirt or dust from the seat cover with a vacuum cleaner.
- Fill a bucket in the middle with warm-to-hot water. Now, mix some wet set shampoo with a bucket of warm-hot water. Shampoo should not be used too much. On the market, there are numerous high-quality neoprene shampoos that can be used for this purpose.
If you don’t have Neoprene Shampoo on hand, you can clean it with detergent.
- Once you have mixed your cleaning solution then start cleaning your neoprene seats with it. At that point make sure there is no dirt or dust on the seat. Now dip a sponge in the mixture you made.
Then, using your sponge correctly, wipe the seats well. Don’t put too much liquid in the seats at once.
- Once the neoprene seat covers have been thoroughly cleaned with the solution, they should be washed off the seat. Wipe the seat again with a sponge that has clean water. This has to be done several times so that all the solution is removed from the seat completely.
- The jeep seats are completely washed then the seats should be well dried. Wipe the seat covers with a towel properly. This will remove a lot of humidity from the seat of the jeep. If it is slightly damp in the seat of the jeep then dry it using a blow dryer for complete drying.
- If stains appear on the neoprene seat covers, use upholstery cleaner to remove them.
Neoprene seat covers are super easy to clean. It is very important to clean your neoprene seat cover regularly. Regular cleaning makes it last longer.
Warm water should always be used to wash the seat covers. Do not mix hot and cold water. Because hot water causes the seat covers to shrink. Moreover, cold water cannot remove soiled areas, trash, or stains.
Therefore, the jeep should be cleaned regularly with care. Because if not properly cared for or cleaned, the beauty of the jeep will be ruined and defects will occur. It is very important to clean the inside of the jeep regularly keeping in view the safety of the jeep.
so the seat should be cleaned regularly so that it lasts a long time.
More Jeep Resources: