Last Updated on June 2, 2022
The Hyundai Tucson is a value-oriented compact SUV with prominent refinement. Its engine has two options: petrol and diesel. The petrol engine is 1999 cc, and the diesel engine is 1995 cc.
Its impressive engine is great for pulling off any towing job. As far as towing is concerned, you must install a hitch at the back of your car. There are so many hitches available for the Hyundai Tucson. We have put together three of the best trailer hitches for the Hyundai Tucson so that you don’t miss out. Let’s have a look.
Table of Contents
3 Best Trailer Hitch for Hyundai Tucson
You cannot simply select any hitch for your vehicle. Rather, you need to check the compatibility so that you don’t mess up with the car. Check the detailed article for three of the best hitches according to us.
CURT Trailer Hitch-13240 Class 3
- The sturdy design is a custom fit for the Hyundai Tucson model.
- Curt has used carbon steel alloy in this model, which is an innovative material for vehicle components.
- The trailer hitch may accommodate a ball mount hook, bike rack, or cargo carrier.
- It includes a 2-inch square receiver tube that allows it to pull a wide range of automobiles
- You may tow a passenger trailer, boat, sports car, snowmobile, or even terrain vehicle.
- There is a double layer of protection in the hitch so that it can resist rust, chipping, and UV.
- You will experience a painless installation process with this trailer hitch.
- This product is manufactured following SAE J684 specifications.
- The modern co-curing method ensures that the cross-examination is successful, ensuring the optimum condition and build quality.
- Clients outside the US might need a converter for electric plugs of the hitch.
Curt manufactures hitches with every automobile model in mind. These customizable products are compatible with any vehicle. The class-three 13240 model is in tune with the Hyundai Tucson.
Here the weight of the product is around 27 pounds. The trailer hitch can take up to 3500 pounds of gross weight, and the tongue weight limit is 525 pounds.
Even the installation process is very convenient for any Hyundai Tucson user. You can rely on it for durability without worrying about the quality.
The product is made especially for US clients, so you might need to test the compatibility of the electric plugs before purchasing. You may also need a converter or adaptor, depending on your location.
Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch-75836 Class 3
- Its design is fully computer-aided, and its welding is unquestionably perfect.
- The installation guide comes with the packaging.
- The black powder coat upon the product sets the seal on its rustproof aspect.
- It can withstand any inclement weather condition, so it won’t bother you no matter how bad the weather in your location gets.
- This hitch can be transformed into any type of towing system.
- Easy to install for any Hyundai Tucson.
- The product also comes at reasonable pricing.
- It is a two-person job as the weight of the product is heavy.
Draw-Tite is another name for custom-fit automobile equipment. For the Hyundai Tucson, they have a Class 3 hitch in the 75836 model. The gross trailer weight of the trailer hitch is 3500 pounds, and the gross tongue weight is 525 pounds.
The product weighs about 28.2 pounds and can tow passenger vans, trailer trucks, sports utility vehicles, etc.
This Class three model needs to pass all heavy-duty tests before reaching the user’s hands. That’s why you won’t get a chance to complain about its durability.
If you are worried about multiple towing options, such as ball mount, pin, or clip, you can buy the equipment individually and transform it into whatever you need. For installation, you won’t need any drilling or welding machines. A simple bolt-on system will reduce much of your extra work while putting the hitch in place.
Reese Towpower Trailer Hitch-44666 Class III
- Black powder coating ensures that no chipping or rusting occurs.
- You don’t need to buy any extra equipment for your hitch; locks, clips, pins, cables, and jacks to adaptors; everything is included in the package.
- Compatible with trucks, SUV, passanger cars, vans etc.
- Accessible to different types of towing methods such as ball mount, pin, or clip.
- Meets all necessary standards and passes the durability test
- The product is heavy
Reese Towpower has several trailer hitches. Among all the Class III, 44666 is the perfect fit for the Hyundai Tucson. The 32-pound trailer hitch has a Metal Shield coating that comes in black, saving the product from rusting and corrosion.
The gross weight capacity is 3500 pounds, and the gross tongue weight capacity is 525 pounds. It is capable of towing trucks, SUVs, vans, etc.
There is a 2-inch square receiver tube that comes with all the possible towing accessories. With those, you can install your trailer on the Hyundai Tucson without worrying about welding or drilling.
Now, if we talk about the built-in quality, there is no room for doubt. It has passed not one but multiple necessary standards that will meet all your requirements. This sturdy product ensures safety before anything.
The hitches we have picked are unique in their capabilities. They don’t have any notable negative feedback that would deter you from purchasing. All the hitches are from renowned brands that are very particular about their product and service. But you can’t buy all three for your car.
In our opinion, the Curt trailer hitch is the best one for your Hyundai Tucson. The main reasons behind choosing this product are the more positive reviews from the clients and the fact that the price is also very competitive. If you need the best product that doesn’t cut into your pocket, just go with the Curt one.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Towing Capacity Of The Hyundai Tucson?
The Hyundai Tucson has a dynamic engine and has a horsepower of 161 or 181. The towing capacity differs between the Tucson models. In general, a Hyundai Tucson can tow from 1500 pounds to 2000 pounds.
How Can You Install A Hitch In Your Hyundai Tucson?
Most of the modern hitches come with installation instructions and don’t require any welding or heavy-duty professional jobs. If you have bought an easy bolt-on hitch, then simply go through the instruction manual and act accordingly. If you fail to do so, then always ask for professional help.
Is It Expensive to Install A Hitch On A Hyundai Tucson?
The price of the hitch starts at 100 USD and can go up to 800 USD. So, it’s totally up to you how much you want to spend on your hitch. A mid-range one is usually the best one and provides all the necessary services that you might need.
Besides, go for the easy installation system when buying the best trailer hitches for the Hyundai Tucson so that you can do the installation all by yourself. It will save on the service costs as well.
Looking for the best trailer hitches for the Hyundai Tucson that confirms you great towing capacity, durability and high-end fuctions? Read this article.