Last Updated on May 18, 2022
All drivers would love to see the sky on the foldable roof like Sky One-Touch Top while driving. If you are unaware of what Sky One-Touch Power Top is, it is a sleek roof made for JL.
It is spreadable and shrinkable with a button to control. And the roof system confirms joyful rides under rain or snow.
Thus, sometimes this fantastic part faces damage and reacts weirdly telling you that it needs help. Don’t Panic!
We’ll cover a bunch of solutions to 4 different problems which most people face in this guide. Continue reading till the end to know how to fix jeep wrangler sky one touch problems…
Table of Contents
Steps To Fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch Problems
Picturing a solution without knowing which part needs aid would give nothing but a failed attempt. We are about to present common Sky One-Touch issues with solutions. Be sure to follow the steps by matching the symptoms.
The Sky One-Touch Top comes in Jeep Wrangler’s specific models including Rubicon and Sahara.
Problem #1: Sky One Touch Jeep Broken
If your Wrangler roof doesn’t fold when you click the button or pause, then it means this is broken.
Follow the given steps to solve the issue:
- Take out 4 doors of Wrangler by holding tightly in downward to upward motion using a little pressure.
2. Detach all the nuts and bolts which are holding the Sky One-Touch Top. Don’t forget about the sides too.
3. Remove the connector from the motor on the edge.
4. Ask your friend to help. Then, carry the roof and place it on the sides.
5. Install a new one by doing the reverse steps. Connect the connector to the motor.
6. Afterward, insert the nuts and bolts using a driller. Attach all the doors.
Problem #2: Jeep Wrangler Sky One-Touch Squeak
Hearing a loud and unpleasant noise from the Wrangler back-side indicates the issue of squeak.
To solve the trouble, do the following steps:
1. Take out the Sky One-touch top plastic clip since this thing causes squeak trouble in most cases.
2. Detach them and then clean deeply. Be sure there’s no white powder attached.
- Use grease to clean well and solve the squeak. And if you can’t pick one, then go for the WD-40 Specialist White Lithium Grease Spray for its strong lubrication abilities.
- Just slide the long tail on a specific area and use the grease spray. Wait for 10 to 12 minutes to remove the smudges. Idle the car and test drive.
Problem #3: Error Message Showing On The Display
Locating this issue is pretty simple if you just see the screen of your Wrangler showing a message as ‘Power Top obstacles Detected’.
Let’s fix the issue:
1. Hold the button to turn off the Sky One-Touch accessibility. If it isn’t shutting down, then recalibrate to solve the error.
2. Click on the home position (the forward button) and then hit the rear home position button. Be sure not to leave the button when holding it for 10 seconds.
3. Take a break and then again hold the front home position for the exact periods.
4. See if the problem is solved or not. If not, then it’s time to contact an expert to take care of it.
Problem #4: Jeep Wrangler One Touch Roof Leak
The leakage of the Wrangler One-Touch roof is easy to identify as it’ll spread all over your car doors, back windows, and sometimes inside front doors.
Here’s how to fix this:
1. Locate the leaky spot through a complete inspection, especially in the 4 corners.
2. Apply high-quality silicone or penetrating oil like B’laster 16-SL Industrial Strength Silicone Lubricant which is ideal for deep cleaning.
3. After application, clean the damp debris using a clean cloth.
4. Detach the older and damaged seal kit from the Wrangler Sky One-Touch Top. And insert a brand-new one.
5. Tightly fit the kit. Open the door and close it to see if any issue occurs due to the sealing kit.
6. If your truck has a roof rack, then insert it on the top carefully.
7. Ensure everything is fitted nicely. Turn on the automatic system by clicking the button of Sky One-Touch Top. And, it should work fine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Sky One-Touch Power Top removable?
The Sky One-Touch Power Top is detachable. It is a thin roof that can retract or extract with a click of a switch. Other than this facility, taking out this roof type is easy by detaching the nuts and screws from Wrangler.
Is the Jeep One-Touch Power Top worth it?
Yes, it is worth it! From the ease of usage to the comfort feel, it never fails to impress riders when using Jeep Wrangler on any terrain. The roof styling and trait is what makes the Sky One-Touch Top best in both worlds.
How much is the Sky Power Touch Top?
According to the 2020 Wrangler pricing of Sky One-Touch Power Top, it costs $2,000 in the Rubicon version. In general, the total charge for it would be around $2k to $4k.
In the end, fixing the issues of Sky One-Touch Top is not hard if you can figure out the main culprit. Driving the Wrangler with a faulty roof system would ruin the whole mood which no one will like to face.
So, hope this guide about how to fix Jeep Wrangler Sky One Touch problems has cleared all your confusion with solutions. Hopefully, You Will Be Able To Take Action & Solve Things Out!