Even though winches are essential on the road, you won’t always want to break your bank for them. Besides, affordable winches can be just as good. You just have to find the right one.
STEGODON winches are good-looking, versatile, and revered by most customers — all while being on the affordable side of the market.
In this well-arranged Stegodon winch review, I delve deep into three winches and compare them thoroughly. Keep reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
STEGODON Winch Review
STEGODON New 13000 lb. Load Capacity Electric Winch
- Both wireless and wired remote control options are available
- Powerful motor with a pulling capacity of 64 HP
- High-yielding gear system comes with an additional spooling clutch
- Comes with a long, synthetic cable that is replaceable by a steel one
- Can withstand extreme weather conditions
- Suitable for different varieties of vehicles, including cars, cargo trailers, boats, etc.
- Advanced T2 model performs better than the previous T1 version
- Frosted exterior gives a luxurious touch to the winch
- Remarkable pulling capacity at both empty and filled states
- Compared to the features, it comes at a fair price
- Bolts and knobs are of poor quality
- Does not come with an instruction guide
When a winch is marketed to have a high pulling capacity, the first thing to evaluate is its build. During my research, I found out that this winch of 13000 lb. pulling capacity had a moderate build.
While its attractive design and logo have captured all eyes, you’ll notice that its fundamental construction parts are lack strength. Parts like knobs, frames, bolts, legs, etc., did not perform well under scrutiny. Users have even complained about the remote controllers.
It seems like that with this winch, Stegodon has spent all on special features. Unlike its average build, its performance elements are top-tier. Its 3-phase gear system comes with a spooling clutch that provides control. If you are going through a mud-swamped terrain, this will come in handy.
Again, its wireless remote has a speedy circuit layout. This will allow you to use the winch in a more secure manner. Overall, this is a winch worth checking out. Despite having a few shortcomings, it has many competent features.
STEGODON New 9500 lb. Load Capacity Electric Winch
- Clutch brake design allows easy device regulation
- Provided with an exceptional build quality
- Circuit transmission of the S2 model is faster than the S1
- 3-phase planetary gear system increases the working capacity of the device
- Synthetic rope offers flexibility and gleams in the dark
- Based on load capacity, pulling time is impressive
- Electric components contain an additional warranty
- Powerful solenoid system comes sealed and protected
- Reduced size of control box allows effortless installation and storage
- Wireless remote control detects signals easily
- It is appealing to look at
- Customers have complained about its inconsistency
The S2 version of STEGODON’s 9500 lb. model is another updated model that deserves all the praise. With optimum features as well as quality construction, this is an excellent medium to heavy-weight winch.
In this model, the circuit transmission speed is about twenty percent faster than the previous one. Besides, the size of the control box has also been reduced. A faster transmission allows the winch to function better, and the smaller size makes storing easier for you.
The synthetic rope provided is strong and iridescent. This means you will be able to work with it even in the dark. You can easily control the device with the wireless remote controller. But, users have made some complaints about its build.
Like all Stegodon winches, this one comes with an additional warranty for its electrical pieces. For a medium load pulling winch, its 5.5 HP power motor is remarkable. In swamped and flooded roads, its clutch brake will help you control the vehicle. The only complaint about this winch is about its inconsistency.
If you are looking for performance as well as quality build, this 9500 lb capacity winch is your best bet. You won’t find a better winch at this price.
STEGODON 2500 lb. Load Capacity Electric Winch
- Suitable for lightweight load pulling
- Long and strong steel ropes can support different kinds of vehicles
- Dependable brake system prevents the rope from slipping
- Includes two types of wireless remote controllers
- Circuit breaker prevents any power issues
- Winch has a waterproof rating of IP67 and is also dustproof
- 4-way roller fairlead ensures secured placement on pulled vehicles
- Matte black covering gives off a sleek look to the winch
- Clutch handle keeps the vehicle safe and prevents unwanted damages
- Different varieties are available to select from
- Remote controllers are of subpar quality
In case you want a winch that will pull off light loads, this one could be your right choice. Different from the other mega load-lifting winches, this one has similar features but a smaller load capacity.
The Stegodon 2500 lb. has a magnetic motor with a 1.2 HP. For a winch of this capacity, it is quite powerful. Another unique feature of the motor is that it comes with a circuit breaker.
With this, you won’t face any power losses. Its brake system is also reliable and versatile. You won’t have to worry about your rope slipping off during pulling.
Moreover, the roller fairlead attached to it ensures that the load is safely placed. Although it’s a small winch, it can support different varieties of vehicles like boats, load trucks, cargo trailers, etc.
The winch is not only waterproof but also dustproof. Like all other winches of the brand, it has a clutch handle that safeguards the vehicles.
While it does not beat the STEGODON 9500 lb. in the standard-performance duo factor, it’s decent enough for small loads.
About the Brand
STEGODON Incorporation is a company that specializes in electric winches, ropes, recovery tracks, and different accessories. With the captivating tagline, “The Best Never Rest,” the brand focuses on delivering quality products that are specially designed and frequently updated.
Through its products and brand message, Stegodon constantly encourages users to indulge in adventure and getaways. Their products are affordable yet attractive.
While working on this Stegodon winch review, I came across several top-notch winches that all deserve to be celebrated. But based on its caliber and updated features, I’d like to nominate the STEGODON New 9500 lb. Load Capacity Electric Winch is my top pick.
Its elegant design and dimensional upgrades set it apart from the rest two. That being said, buy the winch that matches your weight load. That’s the most important thing to consider. Good luck!