Last Updated on September 30, 2022
Offered in Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler, and Ram trucks, the Uconnect system is a connected platform to provide facilities like navigation.
To let you access the information, this part plays a huge role. But unfortunately, on some occasions, the Uconnect system doesn’t work when connecting to the phone via Bluetooth.
Let’s see why Uconnect Bluetooth not working and how to fix the issue.
Table of Contents
Reasons Why Uconnect Bluetooth Not Working & Its Solutions
Before we give all the fixes, it’s wise to know the root causes of them.
Most of the time, the Uconnect system via Bluetooth doesn’t work when a mistake occurs during connecting steps.
Take a look into some issues which most people face with the Uconnect system.
1. Uconnect Bluetooth Audio Not Working
- Go to ‘Bluetooth’ using your smartphone (not the car).
- Connect the phone to the car.
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your phone and then ‘Connections’.
- Hop to the ‘Bluetooth’ and then ‘Uconnect’. After that, click on the ‘Audio’ option.
- Slide it On. Problem solved!
2. Uconnect Not Showing Up On Phone
- Take out the battery from your smartphone.
- Delete the pairing history (if possible) by going to the Bluetooth settings using the phone. Don’t forget to do the same to your Uconnect system.
- After that, turn off the ‘Bluetooth’ for a few seconds. Then, turn it on again and see if the ‘Uconnect’ pops up on the Bluetooth device.
3. Uconnect Bluetooth Not Pairing
- Use your phone and go to the ‘Settings’. Then, go to the ‘Bluetooth’ and turn it on.
- Click on the ‘Phone” and then ‘Settings’ to hit the ‘Paired Phones’.
- Then, select the ‘Add Device’ bar.
- Choose the ‘Uconnect’ device for a successful pairing.
- Ensure the passkey shown on the car touchscreen is matching with your smartphone screen. You can also enter the PIN on your phone which is displayed on the Uconnect system.
I. In Android devices, hit the Scan button if your smartphone pauses scanning the Uconnect device.
II. If a prompt pops up on the screen, ensure access for contacts and messages downloads.
- And then, look into your car’s touchscreen. A prompt will pop up on the screen to set the Bluetooth device (smartphone) as favorite. To do so, click on the ‘Yes’ button.
After trying all the above procedures, if you still see Uconnect Bluetooth doesn’t work. Then, try the following Uconnect Bluetooth troubleshooting tricks which most overlook.
Step 1: Ensure The Used Device Is Single & Compatible
As a Uconnect user, you can’t use more than 1 hand-free phone at the same time to connect. Plus, it has to be compatible to connect properly.
Here’re some lists of Uconnect-compatible phones in case you don’t know.
- Palm Treo
- Sony Ericsson
Note: Check the official Uconnect system website to know which phones are compatible with which year and model.
Step 2: Update The Bluetooth Recent Version
Another point that nearly all ignore intentionally is the update of the Bluetooth version in the phone. Be sure the version is 0.96 or higher as these are compatible versions that go with the Uconnect system.
To check your Bluetooth version, hop to the main menu and then click the ‘Settings’ bar. And then, hit the ‘Phone Information or System Information’ bar to see the current version.
Step 3: Check If The Bluetooth Is On
Nearly all smartphones have Bluetooth functions along with the icon on the main menu. To check whether it is turned on or not, you only have to go to the ‘Settings’ bar.
And then, hit on the ‘Connections’ bar. There you’ll find the Bluetooth bar and click on it to activate the function.
Step 4: Turn On & Pair the Device To The Car Stereo
The scanning and search procedure in Bluetooth might cause issues in the pairing of the smartphone devices if not done rightly.
Turn on the ‘Bluetooth’ bar and then hit the ‘Scan’ to find the device easily. Sometimes it takes time but you’ll find it at one point.
And then, pair them properly by filling the Pincode matching with the car touchscreen’s Uconnect system.
The suffering of Uconnect Bluetooth not working is finally finished. Or at least you have got some idea of what could have happened.
Sometimes it can stop acting due to improper pairing by not following the basic rules. And if that’s the issue, then fixing pretty easy, you can do it yourself.
Be sure to get an accurate idea of each step before taking any action. And, don’t lose hope in your first attempt that didn’t fix the issue.
Hopefully, this content helps you to solve the crisis. But if it just does not, you may need to contact a professional to find out exactly what is wrong with the system.
On That Note, We’ll Be Leaving. Bye!